Friday 15 November 2013

Single figures, double the fun

After hovering just over 10 degrees the past week, a couple of cold nights finally pushed the lido temperature down into single figures today. Exciting!


And god lord but you can't half notice the difference. Felt like possibly the first winter swim proper this year, needling waters, fingers and toes feeling like they'd been shut in a door. The good stuff! I'm getting into a nice routine of taking the first length almost as a sprint of front crawl, then perching on the little shelf in the deep end for 30 seconds to catch my breath and enjoy the sun on my face when available (the sun I mean - my face is consistently present).

Some crazy kids (David, Guy, Peter) continue to dry dive. Talya is still swimming 30 LENGTHS (I did a conservative 8). Sara turns up late in dark glasses. This is the status quo.

Life in the fast lane

Fran's stunt double hides in the changing room

Happy families I

Happy families II

2 comments:

  1. "fingers and toes feeling like they'd been shut in a door"

    If this is the good stuff, what's the bad stuff?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha OK I was possibly being a little glib - I mean it does feel like that, but that's not the best part!

    ReplyDelete